When you think of the Big Island, you image white sand beaches, palm trees swaying in the wind, and the warm, relaxing ocean. Yet did you know that a large percentage of the island is used for farming?
With over 4028 square miles of land on the Big Island, you can find many homes with pastures and animals. This is especially true in Waiki’i Ranch, located on the slopes of Mauna Kea.
A Bit About Waiki’i Ranch
Waiki’i Ranch is known as the equestrian community of choice on the Big Island. The ranch features rolling pastures, fantastic ocean views, eucalyptus and cypress trees, and picturesque views of Mauna Kea, Maui, Hualalai, Mauna Loa, and the Kohala Mountains. Located on the slopes of Mauna Kea, at an elevation of approximately 3500 to 5000 feet, the weather is just right during the day and slightly cool at night.
This Big Island community is about preserving, protecting, and enhancing the natural beauty of Waiki’i Ranch. After entering the gated community, you can enjoy seeing horses, cows, sheep, goats, quail, owls, and much more!
For the equestrian enthusiast, Waiki’i Ranch is the perfect place to call home, with plenty of acreage, riding trails, spectacular ocean views, and cooler temperatures, all within a short drive to Waimea, Waikoloa, and Kona.
Big Island Land for Sale – Three Parcel Sizes
There are approximately 130 parcels in Waiki’i Ranch, with various parcels to choose from. The parcels are either 10 acres, 20 acres, or 40 acres in size.
Lot #38 Just Listed
Lot #38 is a 40-acre parcel located deep within the community with great ocean views. The property is fully fenced, with three separate paddocks that are already cross-fenced and ready to contain your animals. If you’re looking for land for sale on the Big Island, this parcel is a generous size, and the views of Hawaii’s natural beauty can’t be beaten.
Learn more about parcel #38 here.
All owners of this Big Island equestrian community enjoy access to:
- Clubhouse with community kitchen (can be rented for private functions)
- Rec room with gym and locker rooms
- Tennis and indoor racquetball court
- Polo field
- A 1-bedroom apartment with a kitchen (can be rented for a nightly fee)
- Rodeo arena and riding trails
Design Guidelines for Building Your Home in Waiki’i Ranch
- Each lot shall contain no more than one single-family dwelling, one additional dwelling, parking, appurtenant farm buildings, landscaping structures, and gardens built within the Building Area.
- The single-family residence shall have a minimum ground floor area of 2400 enclosed square feet, exclusive of the garage, roof overhangs, covered entrance, trellis structures, bulk storage space, workshop, lanai, open porch, courtyard, barn, or employee and/or an additional dwelling.
- An additional dwelling, if any, shall not exceed 800 square feet of living area. The combined square footage under the roof of the single-family dwelling, the additional dwelling, and all appurtenant buildings shall not exceed 25 percent of the Building Area.
- A height (at its highest point) of more than twenty-five (25) feet from ground level.
Your Big Island Realtor
This equestrian community is a dream come true for those looking for land for sale on the Big Island. The generous parcel sizes, the luxurious amenities, and the views of the natural beauty of the Big Island make this a great opportunity for buyers with animals to bring.
Working with a real estate agent who knows the Big Island communities will help you feel confident in your real estate decision. I would be honored to help you find your piece of paradise.
For more information about Big Island real estate, please contact:
Leeana Runningbear (RS)