Winter in Lahaina: Time Fo’ Bus’ Out Da Socks Wit’ Da Rubbah Slippahs
Winter is similar to summer in Lahaina except we have the most epic cloudscapes, mo’ bettah sunsets, and, of course, the whales. Winter season means big surf up North, but Lahaina and Puamana are usually flat as they face South. February is the coldest month with a few rainy days and mild temperatures in the 70s and low 80s. Some evenings, the weather in Lahaina gets cool enough to harden the Monoï (coconut oil), and den we bus’ out da winter gear: sports socks wit da rubbah slippahs!
Puamana, Lahaina Update 2021
This winter, the Puamana Real Estate market has been experiencing an extraordinary amount of activity. We are seeing more owner-occupants and families moving into Puamana full time, often working and schooling from home during the pandemic. If I sound like a broken record continuously writing about the amazing activity in Puamana, seriously folks, I’m not exaggerating. There have been 4 sales this year so far, two months into 2021, with sales volume of $8,280,000 (Data as of February 24, 2021). To put this in perspective, the average turnover in Puamana is 8 sales per year with $10M in sales volume annually.
There have been four sales in Puamana since my last blog.
- 19-3 Puamelia: Single level direct oceanfront. 3 bedrooms, 2 baths. 1,176 sqft. Just north of the main beach access, this property just sold for $3,000,000. Mary Anne Fitch and I represented the seller.
- 100-4 Pualei Drive: a 3 bedroom, 4 bath 1,650 sqft townhome just sold for $1,800,000. I represented the buyer.
- 20-1 Puailima: 3 bedroom, 3 ½ bath, fully remodeled townhouse just north of the clubhouse, 1,572 sqft. Garden, clubhouse and peek of ocean views, just sold for $1,825,000. I represented the seller.
- 111-2 Pualei: Oceanview townhome sold in January for $1,655,000. A 3 bedroom, 3 bath with views from the kitchen, living room and both upstairs bedrooms 1,536 sqft near the main beach access and dolphin pool. I represented both the seller and buyer.
Property For Sale in Puamana
Presently, there are 8 properties for sale in Puamana with a median price of $2,565,000.
- 21-2 Puapake is a one bedroom, 2 bath, tastefully remodeled little beach house! Listed at $1,199,000. I put this one first because it is so darling — like a tiny house!
- 160-3 Pualei: 4 bedroom, 3.5 bath oceanfront townhome, 2,490sqft, designer interiors, listed at $4,795,000.
- 254-4 Pualei: Just listed for $3,199,000. This is a 4 bedroom, 3 bath townhome, oceanfront, near Puamana park, 1,500sqft. End unit with extra windows.
- 58-1 Pualoke: 3 bedroom, 2 ½ bath direct oceanfront townhouse on the Lahaina side of the property, corner unit, remodeled,1,510 sqft: $3,150,000.
- 254-3 Pualei is newly listed since the last blog, oceanfront townhouse listed as a 4-bedroom, 2 1/2 bath, priced at $2,950,000.
- 17-2 Pualoke is a new listing, 4 bedrooms, 1 1/2 baths, garden view listed at $2,180,000.
- 139-1 Puakukui: 1 bedroom with a loft, 2 baths, 910 sqft, listed for $1,349,000. Chic interiors.
- 175-2 Pualoke is a one bedroom with a loft, 2 baths, 1,055 square feet, listed at $1,250,000. The 175 building is by the front entry with a private lawn area.
Call or text me if you’d like more details on these listings or who lives next door (seriously, it makes a big difference, for instance, living next to a vacation rental). I have been inside each one: 808-280-1390
Pending Sales in Puamana
- 20-3 Puailima: 3 bedroom, 2 ½ bath townhouse with ocean views, 1,591 sqft, pending at $1,910,000. By the clubhouse…
- 24-4 Puamelia is pending sale, this is a 3 bedroom, 4 bath, garden views, listed at $1,650,000. More info, click here
- 139-3 Pualei: 1 bedroom with a loft, 2 baths, 1,009 sqft, pending sale at $1,199,000.
- 161-2 Pualei was just listed and is pending sale at $1,195,000. This is a one bedroom with a loft, 1,059 sqft.
In all my years as a Realtor on the island, it’s safe to say that I’ve never seen the real estate market behave quite like this. That said, there’s also a lot of conjecture about the future. At Hawaii Life, we’re in a unique position to monitor the market, since we’re the leading listing brokerage in the State of Hawaii (more people hire us to sell their property than any other firm), and we run the State’s most-trafficked real estate website.
It is now officially a seller’s market in Lahaina; click here for the market report. So if you are considering selling your property, keep in mind Hawaii Life is now a member of the newly founded Forbes Global Properties, which connects luxury home sellers with the extraordinary 133 million monthly visitors to Forbes’ digital platform. For more info on Forbes Global Properties and how we can market your property internationally, click here
You’re probably wondering what your Hawaii property is worth? Try this tool: click here. Regarding Puamana property evaluations, contact me as there are so many factors contributing to the valuation, such as upgrades, exact location within the community, proximity to the highway, additions, views, etc…
Thank you for reading… By Anna Severson, your resident real estate broker — homeowner and full-time Puamana resident for the past 17 years! We bought our place, 167-3 Pualei drive, the year Zoe was born (2004), and now she’s a junior at Maui Preparatory Academy in Napili! As always, please feel free to call, text, or email anytime, even if it’s just to “talk story” 808-280-1390 or email@example.com.