Just Listed Hoonanea #309: Spacious Pet-Friendly Townhome in West Maui
If you’re fluent with the landscape of West Maui’s condominium market, then you’re very familiar with the challenges owner occupant Buyers face when deciding whether to take the plunge and purchase a condo versus going the single family home route. Generally, West Maui condo living means people. It means condensed living, it means rules, it means smaller spaces, it means monthly maintenance fees, it means little to no storage and it most certainly means no pets and no private backyard.
Well, at Hoonanea in Lahaina you’ll truly find a unique value compared to all other West Maui condo properties on the market right now. Some might even liken Unit 309 which I will describe shortly, to a unicorn. No really…tell me where else you can find modern-day construction and design for today’s modern day West Maui resident lifestyle?
Not to mention the “no’s” listed above, including spacious floor plans, efficient appliances, split-system A/C’s and insulated double wall construction. Things like lower maintenance fees (lowest per square foot in West Maui), fenced in backyards, garages, a multiple pet-friendly environment and a super convenient Lahaina location.
Townhome amenities, but with the qualities, conveniences and with Unit 309, the space you would find in a single family house.
Why Hoonanea Unit 309?
At just a few years old and rarely lived in, this 1,395 sq ft, 3 bedroom/2.5 bath Le’a model is the largest floor plan available in Hoonanea and includes an open concept kitchen & living room along with half bath all located on the first floor. The second floor leads to 2 bedrooms and 1 full bath while the private master bedroom and en suite are situated on the 3rd floor. The high 9 foot ceilings offer a sense of breathing space throughout.
Rarely Lived In – What Does This Mean?
The current (original owners) owners bought this unit from the developer DR Horton and took occupancy in early 2013. They have used this property as a vacation home away from Las Vegas periodically over the past 4 years. When they left, the unit remained vacant and unrented until they returned. When they stayed at Hoonanea, it was pretty infrequent and when they did only one of the bedrooms was even used. According to the Owners, appliances such as the dishwasher and washer/dryer have very limited miles (“I believe the dishwasher has been used once,” says the Owners). This unit is super clean and move-in ready.
- Bigger, fenced in backyard – While nearly all other condos in West Maui do not even have backyards, Hoonanea Unit #309 has a spacious, fully fenced in patio and yard area along with a drip system irrigation included for the landscaping. Building 3’s backyard space is larger than building’s 1,2,4, and 5 and has tall bamboo shoots providing privacy and shade.
- Garage – it’s a townhome with a 187 sq ft garage. Need I say more? This unit also has an additional deeded parking space #101.
- Lower Maintenance Fees – currently at $428/month and the LOWEST of any 3-bedroom available in West Maui. Includes common area maintenance fees, water, sewer, trash, and insurance on the building structure.
- Pricing & Value – at $628,000, this is the least expensive 3 bedroom larger than 1350 sq ft in all of West Maui (1395 sq ft). Compared to the single family housing market, this would be the 2nd least expensive home listed in West Maui.
- Available Immediately – Unit 309 is vacant & move in ready for new Owners to take occupancy (or Renters for you Investors)
Wanna Know More?
I welcome the opportunity to give you information about my previous sales performance and marketing strategies free of any sales pitch.
For resourceful, one of a kind statistics, information, and updates relevant to the Hoonanea real estate market, visit Jeff.HawaiiLife.com – representing the areas of Lahaina, Kaanapali, and Kapalua.