Are you over the age of 50? If so, your needs likely aren’t the same as a first-time homebuyer or seller. Maybe you are looking to retire. Or, perhaps you just want to downsize. Does joining an active adult community sound attractive? Regardless of why you are considering a move, an SRES (R) can guide you through every part of the process.
What Does an SRES Do?
SRES designees are trained to help seniors manage the financial and emotional challenges of selling and buying real estate. Let’s face it, buying and selling real estate is challenging at any age, but for seniors, there are unique challenges. If you’ve owned your home for a long time, you can probably relate to the emotions that come with selling a beloved, long-held property. There are countless decisions to be made and a lot of letting go that comes with moving from a home that contains so many memories.
Maybe you are ready to leave the memories behind, not to mention the maintenance of your now “too-large” home. But, the process itself looms large. Overwhelming. Unmanageable. Or, perhaps you have no trouble with the process of selling, but just aren’t quite sure where to buy or how best to optimize your finances to your advantage.
How an SRES Can Help
There are lots of things to consider when selling or buying, and if you believe you need professional advice geared specifically for seniors, rest assure that an SRES designee can help. Here are just a few of the unique qualifications an SRES brings to the table:
- Helps you manage the financial and emotional challenges of selling a long-held family home
- Creates a customized plan to market and sell your property
- Understands your unique needs and creating a customized plan to ensure your home meets those needs now and in the future
- Utilizes specialized knowledge in reverse mortgages, 401(k) accounts, and IRAs for your real estate transaction
- Connects you with their vast network of movers, attorneys, home inspectors, and other experts to help you through the process
If you are a senior and in the market to buy or sell, work with an SRES Real Estate Professional. It just makes good sense. Good senior sense!