Waiki’i Ranch Brings Back Popular Music Festival (June 16 & 17, 2012)
It’s been seven years since the last Waiki’i Music Festival, but this Father’s Day weekend, the musical event will be back with Hawaiian, paniolo, and country music. A Waiki’i Ranch resident and promoter, Tim Bostock is the man behind the return of the Waiki’i Music Festival.
Music will again fill the hills of Waiki’i Ranch with the return of the Waiki’i Music Festival
Waiki’i Music Festival 2012: A Unique Celebration of Paniolo, Hawaiian and Country Music
This year’s music has a mix of Hawaiian and national singers and bands. Here is a look at the talent slated to appear:
PROGRAM: Saturday, June 16
- 10a.m. Na Mele o Paniolo
- 11a.m. Kohala
- 12:15p.m. Makana
- 1:30p.m. Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder
- 3p.m. Amy Hanaiali`i and Band
- 4:15p.m. John Cruz
- 5:20p.m. Uncle Donnie B
PROGRAM: Sunday, June 17
- 10a.m. Cyril Pahinui
- 11:15a.m. The Paul Nash Band
- 12:30p.m. Guy Cruz & Ernie Cruz, Sr.
- 1:45p.m. Willie-Joe Camaro & Damien de Mello
- 2:45p.m. Mike Love
- 3:45p.m. Willie K and Band
- 5:30p.m. Carly Smith
In addition to the music, there will be a large variety of booths with food and beverages, arts and crafts. Fees from these booths will go directly to the nonprofits Aha Punana Leo and the Paniolo Preservation Society as well as a split of any festival profits.
Admission at Waiki’i Ranch
Admission will be limited to just 3,000 people each day with no alcohol allowed at the ranch. There is a range of ticket prices, depending on age of festival attendees and when the ticket is purchased:
- Two-day passes, available only through June 1 at the Kahilu Theatre in Waimea, cost $75 per adult and $25 per child.
- One day tickets bought before June 1 are $40 for adults and $15 for children – after June 1 the prices will be $50 for adults and $20 for children. Children under 6 are free.
Where and How to Purchase Tickets
You can purchase tickets by phone at (808) 885-6868 or in person at:
- Kahilu Theatre in Waimea
- The Palace Theatre in Hilo
- Kiernan Music in Kealakekua
- Online at brownpapertickets.com
There is a website for the festival: http://waikiimusicfestival.org.
Wow, this will be one very special Father’s Day for all that attend this year’s festival. Enjoy the music and the beauty of Waiki’i Ranch.
I love the Big Island! Aloha.