5 Remaining One Bedroom Plus Den Units For Sale at The Honua Kai Resort and Spa
As developer inventory at the Honua Kai Resort and Spa in Ka’anapali, Maui continues to dissipate I want to highlight the five remaining one bedroom plus den (there are no bedroom developer units for sale) units still available for sale at the resort.
This particular floor plan is a very good use of space as the den is located in a little nook right in between the living room and kitchen areas (all of the units at Honua Kai have the “open” kitchen and living area that many buyers find so attractive). The additional den area functions as an informal bedroom as there is a pull-out sofa, a clothes dresser with a flat screen TV, and a small closet. This additional room makes it fairly comfortable to sleep 6 adults in this unit as opposed to 4 in the one bedroom units.
Konea One Bedroom Plus Den Units Available For Sale
All of the remaining units for this floor plan are located at the Konea or North Tower; all in the Hokulani, or South Tower, have been sold out. Please refer to the following blog to help orient yourself with the locations of the building in proximity to the ocean in addition to the floorplates for the buildings: Honua Kai Resort Location Blog.
- Konea 240 – 915 sq.ft. with a 175 sq.ft. covered lanai area originally priced at $809,900 now priced at $764,900
- Konea 306 – 945 sq.ft. with a 180 sq.ft. covered lanai area originally priced at $871,500 now priced at $794,900
- Konea 340 – 915 sq.ft. with a 175 sq.ft. covered lanai area originally priced at $818,800 now priced at $779,900
- Konea 512 – 915 sq.ft. with a 175 sq.ft. covered lanai area priced at $769,900
- Konea 612 – 915 sq.ft. with a 175 sq.ft. covered lanai area priced at $784,900
Which Honua Kai Unit is Right For Me?
Generally, this question is best handled by means of a personal email or phone call (my contact info below), but since I like to provide value to these blogs here are some tidbits. Konea 240 and 340 are both located on the northern end of the Konea tower.
Due to the movement of the sun in relation to the resort, these units are going to remain in the shade the vast majority of the day. The only time that they will get much light is in the late afternoon and when the sun is setting in between Lanai (southern direction) and Molokai (northern direction).
Buyers also like this side of the building as it has a real sense of privacy and solitude. There is a beach park located between Honua Kai and the adjoining resort of the Mahana at Ka’anapali www.Mahana1202.com, but there are very few locals that actually park here and use the beach.
Ãnuenue (rainbow) commonly lives on the mauka (mountain) side of Honua Kai for all to enjoy and remind us of the vibrancy and mana of Maui
Konea 306, 512, and 612 are all located on the “sunny” side of Konea (the photo above is taken from this direction) where the units will get very nice morning sun and sun throughout the majority of the day albeit the afternoon soon will be much more minimal because of the orientation of the buildings. This side of the building faces the Hokulani tower and has very nice views of the West Maui Mountains in addition to some slim ocean views from these units.
Sample Video Tour of a One Bedroom Plus Den Unit
This is a video of Konea #440, which is currently under contract, but the point of the video is to give you a feel for the floor plan – and in the instance of Konea #240 and #340 – a sense for the location within the resort.
The partial ocean view available from Hokulani #242, a resale one bedroom plus den at Honua Kai
What About the Resale Market at Honua Kai?
There are currently 2 one bedroom plus den resale units for sale at Honua Kai. Both of these units are located on the north side of the Hokulani tower, which means that they are going to be in the shade until the afternoon time.
Many people with kids like the ground floor locations and what is also really nice is the 14 ft. ceilings on these ground floor units. Others will gravitate to the enhanced ocean view from one floor up at #242, the choice is yours to make.
- Hokulani #242 – 1bd/1ba 950 sq.ft. with a 190 sq.ft. covered lanai currently offered for $825,000. This unit was last sold in 2009 for $816,760.
- Hokulani #142 – 1bd/1ba 950 sq.ft. with a 190 sq.ft. covered lanai currently offered for $820,000. This property last sold in 2010 for $825,000.
For the listing details on these properties and all active resale listings at Honua Kai be sure to check out my gallery here: Honua Kai Resale Units for Sale.
What’s Going On in the Honua Kai Market?
Be sure to check out my latest detailed market update here: Honua Kai Resort March 2013 Market Update. Not noted in this update was a closing last week for one of my buyer clients who purchased a one bedroom/one bath mountain view unit at the Hokulani Tower #728 for $525,000.
This client contacted me after reading a blog about 4 of these units – 4 Resale One Bedroom Units at Honua Kai. I will be getting a few words from this buyer about our level of service as he was extremely pleased with the overall purchasing experience and is very proud to call himself and his family owners at Honua Kai!
My Blog Series on Honua Kai Condos
- Honua Kai Resort in Kaanapali, Maui – Start here, as this blog will provide you with a good overview of the resort including video on its location, and its world class amenities and ownership offerings.
- Honua Kai Resort Real Estate For Sale – Kaanapali, Maui Condos For Sale – This post focuses on the inventory actively for sale and where all the units are located.
- Honua Kai March 2013 Market Update Report – There has been a significant increase in the level of sales for two bedroom units at the resort. Read all about it here.
- Honua Kai 2 Bedroom/2 Bath Condo Sold a Seller’s Perspective – What our seller client had to say about our team selling their property for a $135,000 short term gain.
- 2 Bedroom Ocean View Best Buys at the Honua Kai Resort and Spa – Feb ’13 post on the best ocean view and partial ocean view two bedroom units.
- 4 New One Bedroom Listings at Honua Kai – Posted on January 2013 be sure to check out these best buys priced under $550K
- Honua Kai January 2013 Market Update – What’s happening in the new year at Honua Kai? Are prices increasing?
- Honua Kai HOA Fees Increasing By 10% Effective Feb. 1, 2013 – What are the current fees, what do they cover, and what other costs of ownership are involved?
- 25% Down Payment Financing Options at Honua Kai – Get the inside track on leveraging your cash investments at Honua Kai.
- Canadian Couple From Vancouver B.C. Purchases a 3 Bedroom Honua Kai Unit for $1,900,000 – Did you know that many of the owners at Honua Kai are from Canada?
- Honua Kai November 2012 Market Update – The latest news after a crazy year of selling
- Honua Kai January 2012 Update – Why Honua Kai is the hottest deal in town right now
- Honua Kai Purchase Process – An owner’s perspective of purchasing and experiencing the resort.
- 35% Price Reductions on Condos For Sale at Honua Kai Resort – Read about how the developer dramatically slashed the prices at Honua Kai and where some of the best deals are at.
- Price Reductions on Honua Kai Resort One Bedroom Units – Video blog on 1-bedroom units that are Screaming Deals.
- Honua Kai Resort in Kaanapali – Best Two Bedroom Deals – Video blog on 2-bedroom units that are Screaming Deals.
Aloha from Maui,Jeremy Stice R (S) Stice@HawaiiLife.com 808.281.2178