One of the best kept secrets on the windward shore of Oahu is the quaint Hawaiian seaside town of Hauula.
Hauula is about 40 miles from Diamond HeadÂ by way of the coastal KamehamehaÂ Highway with incredible mountain and ocean scenery all along the way.
Some of the main reasons why you’ll find numerous vacation homes here is:
- Small town atmosphere (approx. 3,500 population)…Reminiscent of “Old Hawaii”
- Fringing reef…protected shoreline
- Some of the best snorkeling and scuba diving on Oahu
- Sandy beaches with small fresh water streams from the valleys
- Several nice beachfront grassy public parks
- Kayaking at its finest
- Great hiking trails in the nearby beautiful mountain ranges
- Balmy ocean breezes
Just to give you one example of an excellent oceanfront home-away-from-home, currently on the market “for sale”:
This oceanfront home in Hauula (MLS# 1101949) is listed for $639,000
Situated on a quiet looped side street which goes down to the beach is this sweet little beach house. It is well maintained throughout, coupled with one of the best oceanÂ views of the coastline and mountains. You can launch your kayak just in front of your lanai! Marvelous.
Contact me for more detailed information and photos of this great “Hawaii-lifestyle” location…