And it’s starting in Maui Meadows…
I knew there was a reason why I like Maui Meadows so much. Besides the eclectic look and feel of the neighborhood, the newly discovered affordability, and the warm days and cool nights, we are soon to be the pilot test area for curbside recycling. I can honestly say that driving my recyclables into town was becoming a little tedious. In LA, not only did they pick up our recyclables, but they picked up our green waste as well.
On Friday, Maui Mayor, Alan Arakawa, unveiled his “on the agenda” list of things:
- A 300 acre park in Central Maui at Maui Lani that would “rival any other in the state, including Kapiolani Park on Oahu”
- Building permit process improvement teamâ€”streamlining the permitting process
- Bringing back the Halloween celebration on Front Street and A Taste of Lahaina as well as hosting the Professional Windsurfing Association World Championships this fall at Hookipa Beach Park
- Extending the house of operation of the Paia mini bypass
- Improving signage to Makawao town, so it is easier for visitors to find it
- Installing solar panels on county facilities
- Determining the best way to get water meters to people who are in need. This is one of the more persistent and costly, but can be done
- Requesting money in the county budget this year to initiate a curbside recycling program starting in Maui Meadows and expanding through the county
I’m certain there is something on this list that will make you happy, for me, it’s all about recycling. It may take curbside recycling for you to come out to see what Maui Meadows has to offer. Now, I just have to convince him to construct that Kihei to up-county bypass!
If you are new to Maui Meadows and need a little more information of the area, please read my blog Maui Meadows Real Estate is an Eclectic Mix of Styles.
Please view my Maui Meadows Gallery of Homes.
If you would like to discuss the area, or take a tour with me, please contact me.