The Boardwalk: a stylish, little-known beach property on Halama Street
What does $300,000 buyÂ in theÂ Maui condo market?
Five years ago, that price point would have relegated you to the lower-end, apartment styled cookie cutter complexes like Southpointe, Kihei Villages, and Kihei Shores. Each of those properties has its merits, but they shine much more brightly at today’s $150-200,000 range.
Here’s what $300K buys in this adjusted market:
- A 2-bedroom split level condominium that overlooks a sandy path to the beach 75 yards away.
- A unit whose largest living room wall is floor to ceiling glass with breeze- and light-adjusting high-end blindsâ€”enveloping its occupants in greenery, cooling them with an adjustable breeze off the ocean.
- A condo whose gorgeous wood flooring, natural wood accents, and earth-tone furnishings are accentuated with 32-foot ceilings that open up the layout.
- An immaculate unit that reflects obvious pride of ownership from its long-time owner-occupant.
- An over the top bathroom remodel that features a tasteful mix of contemporary fixtiures and natural stone.
- A rectangular 120 square foot lanai with another view plane of Maui’s natural greenery, with a backdrop of the west Maui mountains on one side, and Haleakala on the other.
- A unit with central AC, a rarity in this price range.
- Well maintained grounds and a beautiful Plumeria blossoming in full view of the living room, seemingly at arms reach.
- A neighborhood that is coveted as one of Maui’s most desirable, and favorite residential walking streets. You can walk this quiet, slow street all the way through Kalama Park to the Kamaole Beaches, along the shoreline.
- Access to the water literally one minute from your door, with easy kayaking, SUP’ing, swimming, or whale watching.
- Walking distance (less than 3 blocks) to grocery stores and a dozen restaurants.
- A unit on the beach side of Kihei Road, that is removed from its noise.
Unit G at The Boardwalk
And yes, all of this describes one condo: Unit G at The Boardwalk in South Kihei,Â just listedÂ at $299,000 (MLS 342580)
This unit is one of the true stars of the under-300K price range, and I’m not the only one that has said itâ€”my showings thus far have left each of the buyers’ agents honestly impressed. Judge for yourself, check this website â†’.
Call or e-mail me if you’d like to see the unit. Or, if you’re interested in seeing my other top picks (not my listings), just ask.
Kevin Spaise is the owner/publisher of The Maui Condo Book, the reference directory used by most Maui Realtors, Brokers, title and escrow companies, appraisers, and investors (have a look at the book). Call him at (808) 344-0624.