Marconi Station – Beachfront North Shore Oʻahu Property to be Sold by Concierge Auctions
Concierge Auctions and Hawaii Life Present Marconi Station – Historic Beachfront North Shore Oʻahu Property
Did you miss the opportunity to buy a beachfront Oʻahu North Shore property when it was presented by Concierge Auctions back in July? And you missed the successful oceanfront North Shore auction in September? Then take note. Maybe third timeʻs the charm.
Previews have just opened for Marconi Station, another luxury beachfront property consisting of 28 oceanfront acres across four parcels. Of particular interest, four structures with historic designation potentially allow for flexibility in use beyond what zoning would otherwise permit.
Previously listed at $15M, the property is now selling without reserve, making this a rare buying opportunity in a record-setting luxury real estate market.
Marconi Station – North Shore Oʻahu – 28.67 Acres with Four Historic Structures
No need to sell you on the location, next to Turtle Bay Resort past the legendary surfing beaches of Oʻahuʻs North Shore. This is also an area known for agriculture, with shrimp trucks and farms lining the “highway.” The James Campbell National Wildlife Refuge adjacent to the property was established to protect critical habitat for native waterbirds. In the winter whales frolic off shore, and an endangered monk seal might rest on the beach here.
The property being offered for sale at auction in January consists of:
- Four parcels with a total of 28.67 acres, allowing for a compound with multiple structures.
- 838 linear feet of oceanfront
- Registered historic status granted due to four significant existing structures: the two-story 15-room Marconi Hotel, an office building, Marconi Powerhouse, and two-bedroom bungalow.
Because the existing structures had varied uses pre-dating todayʻs agricultural zoning, there is the possibility that their preservation and renovation plans could be approved for a variety of similar uses. This property calls for a new owner with vision and enthusiasm for the history of the site and the special values of its location.
Concierge Auctions Timetable – Bidding Opens January 21, 2022
Key dates to keep in mind if you are curious about Marconi Station:
- The property is open daily 1-4 pm and by appointment. If you are not on island, let us know and we will be happy to set up a virtual showing.
- The auction is online. It opens January 21, 2022 at 10 pm and concludes on January 28th. Having participated in dozens of these, it is fair to say that prospective bidders will win or lose in the final moments of the auction.
- The smart strategy is to enter a starting bid when you register, earning a 6% starting bid incentive which allows you to bid higher when you calculate in the 12% buyer premium you will pay on top of the amount of your winning bid.
If you want to learn more about participating in a real estate auction with Concierge, you can contact them directly, or you can give me a call and I will walk you through the process.
The beauty of a sale with Concierge Auctions is registered prospective buyers have the opportunity to visit the property multiple times and view all documents up front. To view more information about the property, the auction and to register to see due diligence documents, visit this link: 56-1089 Kamehameha Highway, Marconi Station.
This property is unique in the opportunities and requirements presented by the four historic structures. Stay tuned for additional blog posts on Marconi Station, the next North Shore Oʻahu opportunity for sale via the Concierge Auctions process.