I love Oahu’s North Shore. You probably do, too. It’s beautiful. And famous. Famous for surfing, snorkeling, and of course, pristine beaches that stretch for mile upon mile.
Some day, I would like to have a second home on the north shore. And I know just where – Kuilima Estates.
There are lots of reasons I love this gated community, but here are just a few:
- It’s only minutes away from the beach. You can enjoy swimming, surfing, snorkeling, or sunbathing on one of the many north shore’s sandy beaches.
- It borders the beautiful Turtle Bay Resort. Fine dining anyone? Shopping?
- It’s nestled in the center of one of the two championship 18 hole golf courses on the grounds of The Turtle Bay Resort (This reason is for my husband).
- There are resort-like amenities – swimming pools, tennis courts, barbecues, gazebos and picnic tables.
- The grounds! I love the tropical landscaping, lush grounds and mountain views.
- Lei Lei’s bar and grill located right on the Fazio golf course. You can just walk on over.
- Close proximity to historical Haleiwa town. Talk about local style with a country ambiance.
There are many reasons to love Kuilima. Perhaps one of the biggest is affordability (at least relative to other north shore properties). You can still pick up a one bedroom unit starting in the low-to-mid $500k range.
Whether or not you are in the market for a north shore property, the next time you are on Oahu, I encourage you to take a drive to the north shore. And while you are there, be sure to get a bite at Lei Lei’s! It’s the best!