DR Horton’s Ho’opili is taking shape and shifting into gear! After more than 10 years of planning this community, they have finally broken ground and made major announcements yesterday to a select group of Brokers. This information on the development side of Hoopili is really exciting! It is shaping up to be a unique and diverse community in Kapolei. In fact, sales of the first phase will be beginning any day!
Let’s Look at the Numbers
Ho’opili is a masterplanned community that spans 1,500 acres. A total of 12,000 homes will be built along with 200 acres of Ag land, creating a unique mix of farm and urban lifestyles. There will be 3 rail stops, and 3,000,000 sqft of commercial space. Dr Horton will build 20 parks in the community, 5 public schools (in partnership with the DOE), and there will be 19 phases of construction. The first delivery will be summer 2017.
Anticipated price ranges are as follows.
- Affordable flats: mid to high $300’s
- Affordable townhomes: low to mid $400’s
- Market townhomes: mid $500’s to low $600’s
- Flex Homes: lower to mid $600’s
- SFHs: mid $600’s
- SFH + ADU: maybe low $700’s
DR Horton is answering the call and building homes for Oahu’s unique and diverse market, including:
- Gardening spaces and homes built on smaller footprints using the new R-3.5 designation that allow full TMK’s for land and no CPR’s or maintenance fees
- Single family homes that allow for legal Accessory Dwelling Units with separate entrances from the start that can be used as a separate rental, adult children, parents, or for aging in place at a later date
- Flex homes that allow for approved commercial business space with a separate entrance
There is an informational PDF that was released yesterday attached to this post. I will be following this development closely and will send updates as to the actual sales dates. I expect high demand for the first 3 phases (Haloa, Lehua, and Ha’akea). If you see yourself living, working, and playing at Ho’opili, it would be in your best interest to be prepared before sales start.
My clients that are interested in the project have asked to be notified with more info as it becomes available. I have started a list and prepared a quick start guide with tips for preparation before sales begin to have the best chance at getting the exact property you want. I will post more here as it becomes available, but can also get you on the direct informational list. Just text, email, or call and let me know.