Hana, Maui, HI. 96713 is a small town on the east side of the island, and is considered one of the more unspoiled parts of Maui. If you have never visited this part of the island, you should definitely do the drive to Hana and spend some time exploring all the beautiful beaches and parks. You won’t find a golf course or a high rise here, and that’s just they way they want it to stay…natural and wild.
What’s been selling in Hana Maui lately for raw land?
- 6 closed sales priced between $99,000 and $310,000
- average sale price $224,000 and median sale price of $250,000
- lot size varied from a quarter acre to 24 acres
- Days on Market ranged from 48 to 346, with average of 146 and median of 115
- 2 properties were bought with cash, 2 with sellers offering a purchase money mortgage, 1 with agreement of sale, 1 with USDA loan
- no short sales, no bank owned
Here’s the list of properties sold in our Maui MLS between June 1, 2015 and May 31, 2016:
- 325 Alele Pl sold for $310,000 on 6/5/2015 – 5.7 acres with utilities, very close to the Hana Airport
- 4909 Hana Highway sold for $200,000 on 7/20/2015 – 0.23 acre house lot with utilities and mostly cleared, right in town
- 0 Hana Highway sold for $99,000 on 12/4/2015 – odd shaped 0.5 acre with no water meter, oceanfront, and very steep
- 2660 Hana Highway sold for $300,000 on12/9/2015 – 6 acres in Hana Ag Park, uncleared jungle with utilities
- 0 Waikoloa Rd sold for $125,000 on 4/11/2016 – 2 flat parcels totaling 24 acres with no water, near the Hana Landfill
- 2511 Hana Highway sold for $310,000 on 4/19/2016 – 5.6 Ag zoned acres with water meter and views
Hana town seen from Hana Bay
What’s for sale now in Hana for vacant land?
- 19 Active listings priced between $179,000 and $12,000,000
- land size ranges from 1 acre to 187 acres
- 4 are oceanfront, another 4 are across the street from the ocean
- Day on Market varies from 21 to 1324, average DOM is 293 and median DOM is 267
- none are bank owned or potential short sale
Kaihalulu Bay in Hana, Maui
There’s plenty more vacant land coming on the market soon. I have been speaking with a woman on the mainland who owns 14 parcels in Hana and nearby, and she wants to sell them all. Some are small and some are very large. Some are oceanfront. She’s coming to Maui in June to assess the situation and see them firsthand. Are you looking for vacant land to build a home or do some farming in the Hana area?
Search for land for sale in Hana Maui and surrounding regions, and contact me with your questions.
Georgie Hunter R(S) e-Pro
Direct: 808 283-0635