Did you know…?
It’s no surprise that Kauai, also known as the “Garden Isle,” is famous for its white sandy beaches, jagged green mountains, and tropical landscapes. Tourists have been flocking here for decades enamored with its natural beauty and often making Kauai their home.
But did you also know?
- Hollywood loves Kauai with more than 60 movies filmed here, including Jurassic Park, Outbreak, Blue Hawaii, 6 Days 7 Nights, the upcoming Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, and TV shows such as Fantasy Island, Gilligan’s Island, and Bay Watch.
- Kauai is the legendary home of the Menehune, a mythical race of very small people who performed legendary feats of construction and engineering. Think of a Hawaiian leprechaun.
- By law, no building on Kauai is allowed to be built taller than a palm tree. Kauai is a very eco-friendly island having some of the strictest zoning laws.
- Kauai has the only navigable rivers in the state of Hawaii where stand-up paddling is now the craze.
- The official color is purple and the official flower is Mokihana.
- Kauai Coffee is the largest coffee plantation in the United States.
- Kauai is the northernmost island in the Hawaiian chain, which is the most isolated inhabited land mass in the world.
- Kauai grows more taro than any other island. Hawaiian babies first food is taro.
- Some of the cliffs along the rugged Napali Coast reach heights of 2,500 feet.
- Kauai is the oldest of the main Hawaiian Islands. It’s over six million years old.
If you have any questions regarding these fun facts, or Kauai Real Estate, please contact Marisa Kagan at email@example.com or call 808-366-0255.