You’re thinking about selling your Maui property and making all the right moves and getting prepared. That’s great, but there might be one thing you’ve overlooked. Does your property have a street address? I see so many new listings hit the market with a big fat ZERO in the address line — what does it mean? It means someone has neglected to take one easy step to get an address number assigned.
What does a ZERO address mean to a buyer? It can mean this:
- Listing agent is lazy and didn’t care about getting an address
- Seller is uninformed and didn’t know how to get an address
- The map dot on the listing might not correctly show the location of the property
- Maybe other information about the listing is also incorrect
How can you get an address assigned?
- Call Maui County Development Services Administration at (808) 270-7250
- Provide a TMK number — that’s your Tax Map Key number which identifies your property as unique
- Maybe provide a simple map showing the location of the driveway
- It only takes a day or two!
Get your Maui property on the map!
What are the benefits of having a street address?
- Emergency responders can find the property
- The listing map dot will show up in the correct location
- Title and deed will accurately identify the property
- No confusion in the MLS if similar properties have the same 0 address
So please take this one simple step to get your home or vacant land on the map and on the market. If you have any other questions about selling your Maui property please reach out to me and together we’ll get it SOLD — and that’s a big PLUS!