As it is my commitment to keeping the local community informed, I am pleased to share with you the most recent West Maui home, land, and condo sales reports for your review — covering Kaanapali, Kapalua, Lahaina, and Launiupoko. You’ll find real estate sales volume, days on market, list versus sold price, price per square foot, and more.
The rolling hills of the Kaanapali Coffee Farms (views and privacy included).
Sales volume generally determines whether the real estate market is contracting or expanding. West Maui Sales Volume PDF
2018 Year in Review Cliffs Notes
- 2018 West Maui total sales volume is up +7% from 2017 (2017 was down -4% from 2016 and 16 was +17%+ over 2015)
- Condo sales up +14%,
- Homes sales down -8%, and Land sales down -36%
- Highest home Sale: $12M – Kapalua Place
- 2nd highest home sale: $11.35M – Launiupoko (3rd was $7M – Launiupoko)
- Lowest home sale:$322K – Napilihau (2nd was $380K – Lahainaluna)
- Only 3 homes sold for under $500K
- Highest fee simple condo sale: $8.95M – Montage Kapalua Bay Residences
- Lowest fee simple condo sale: $154,500 – Napili Ridge
Absorption Rate = The rate at which homes are sold in a specific market over a specific time. This figure shows how long it will take to exhaust the current inventory supply.
- West Maui home, land, and condo inventory combined AR = 9 months (last month 8.83)
- Home AR – 12.28 months (last month 11.53)
- Condo AR – 6.75 months (last month 6.73)
- Land AR – 45.82 months (does it matter? lol)
Want to Know More?
If you are in the market for buying or selling West Maui real estate or have any questions about the area or the market in general, please feel free to contact me. I welcome the opportunity to give you information on my previous sales performance and marketing strategies. Or if you’re curious about what your property is worth in today’s market, it would be my pleasure to provide you with property information and a value assessment free of any sales pitch.