Thinking about buying a vacation rental here in Hawaii? You’re in the right place.
My husband and I bought our first investment property here in Hawaii this past year. Needless to say, it was quite the process.
Here Are Our 5 Tips For Buying A Hawaii Vacation Rental
- Hire a real estate agent who specializes in investment properties (like myself).
- Always remember, this is not your primary residence, but an investment. The value is in the passive income you’ll be receiving.
- Do your due diligence! The process of buying property in Hawaii allows for you as the Buyer to review AND approve important documents like the previous years of rental income and other financials, ensuring this the right place for you.
- Speak with your trusted lender. There are many investor loan options, and interest rates will always vary. These are factors that must be considered.
- Lastly, speak with your CPA or financial advisor. The tax implications are much different with an investment property than a primary residence home.
We are very happy with our purchase and now open for reservations. Check us out on Airbnb for more info!