Support Local | Farmers’ Markets on Oahu During Covid-19 Lockdown
Hawaii farmers are growing delicious food during the Covid-19 stay at home order. We can have that fresh from the farm produce at any time. Farmers’ Markets are open as they are considered an essential service. There are some changes with how we can safely obtain the food, but rest assured that there is plenty of locally grown produce for us to eat.
Oahu Farmers’ Markets
With all the new rules about social distancing, the process of visiting Oahu Farmers’ Markets is changing, but many are still open. Markets are implementing rules for crowd control, while others are providing curbside pick up with pre-orders.
Find out more about Oahu Farmer’s Markets:
- Hawaii Farm Bureau
- Hawaii Farm Bureau Farmers’ Markets
- Farm Lover’s Markets
- Grocers Available for Pre-Order
Honolulu Magazine recently also published an article with additional information about Oahu’s vegetable delivery and subscription services.
- Most Variety: Farm Link Hawaii, Home delivery fee $15, farmlinkhawaii.com
- Most Economical: Oahu Fresh, Home delivery fee starts at $5, oahufresh.com
- Keep It Simple And Organic: Kahumand Organic Farms, Prices include delivery fees, kahumana.org
- Support A Cause: Ma’o Organic Farms, Boxes $32, pick up at designated locations around the island, maoorganicfarms.org
So call up or visit a local Farmers’ Market and bring home some of the freshest produce there is, all the while helping our local farmers during this difficult time.
BTW…local restaurants are also doing curbside pick up.
Let’s get some normal back into our lives and enjoy delicious local cuisine, fruits, and vegetables.
Kinga Mills | 808-722-3985 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Let’s stay connected