Wailea Hills is one of the newest development projects to release on Maui. The first project release within the community is La’i Loa, a 13-acre parcel that features 15 buildings and 75 individual units. La’i Loa will be located off of the 7th fairway of the Wailea Blue Golf Course, bordered by Kai Malu at Wailea, Wailea Alanui Drive, and a 13-acre natural reserve.
Units at La’i Loa
La’i Loa will offer 4 different layouts:
- 4 bedroom/ 3.5 bathroom penthouse with 2,587 sqft of interior living space and a 778 sqft of covered lanai. This option will have two garage stalls, BBQ area, laundry room, and additional storage.
- 3 bedroom + den/ 3.5 bathroom penthouse with 2,587 sqft of interior living space and 778 sqft of covered lanai. This option will have two garage stalls, BBQ area, laundry room, and additional storage.
- 3 bedroom/ 3 bathroom with 1,742 sqft of interior living space and a 424 sqft covered lanai. This option will have one garage stall and one exterior, BBQ area, laundry room, and additional storage.
- 2 bedroom/ 2 bathroom with 1,374 sqft of interior living space and 312 sqft of covered lanai. This option will have one garage stall and one exterior, BBQ area, laundry room, and additional storage.
Additional Facts & Info About La’i Loa
- The clubhouse will have a lounge and pool area, fitness area, spa, outdoor dining and lawn terrace
- The HOA fees are estimated at $.84 per sqft
- Prices range from $1.4m-$3.5m
- 25% of the project has been sold to date
- Ledcor is the builder
- 5% down upon an executed contract
- There are NOT golf course benefits
- 2 pets are allowed (no limit in size)
- Power is plumbed into the garage stalls so car chargers can be installed
- 65% of the project will have to be reserved prior to breaking ground
- Each unit has central AC
- This project does not allow short term renting of the units (rentals of 6 months or longer are allowed)
Other Projects in Wailea and What They Have to Offer
Wailea Elua is a 24-acre condo complex off of Ulua Beach in Wailea. The property was built in 1976 and consists of 152 1,2 and 3 (the 3 bedrooms are very rare) bedroom units. Onsite there are 2 large swimming pools, barbecue facilities for entertaining, pickleball court, a whirlpool spa, and putting green. This complex is also zoned for short term vacation rentals, which means you can rent your condo unit for any amount of time. Condos that are zoned apartment (unless the county approves otherwise) can only rent their units for terms longer than 6 months.
Wailea Elua Sales Over The Last 5 Years
Wailea Beach Villas
Wailea Beach Villas is 12-acre oceanfront property located directly next to The Shops at Wailea. With 98 units the complex offers plenty of options, the unit layouts include a 2 bed/2 bath, 2 bed/2.5 bath, 3 bed/3 bath, and a 3 bed/3.5 bath. Onsite you will find the main pool and children’s pool, fitness center, business center, 24hr security, jacuzzi, etc. This complex is also zoned for short term vacation rental use. Wailea Beach Villas have a bit more of a hotel feel rather than sprawling low rise condos.
Wailea Beach Villas Sales Over The Last 5 Years
Ho’olei at Wailea
Hoolei covers 30 acres above the Grand Wailea, and Wailea Beach (one of the best beaches on Maui). Each of the 120 units have their own private garage and elevator leading up to the second story main living space and lanai. The floor plans range from 2,426 sqft to 3,076 sqft, however, every unit has 3 bedrooms and 3.5 baths. One of the favorable add ons to Hoolei is the Kulana Club, the Kulana Club is a program through the Grand Wailea where you can apply for membership and gain access to the Grand Wailea Resort amenities. Onsite at Hoolei you will find the main pool, two whirlpool spas, sandy beach entrance kids pool, barbecue area, fitness center, and child care options. Hoolei is also short term vacation rental allowable, meaning you can vacation rent your property out while you’re not using it and make income.
Hoolei Sales Over The Last 5 Years
Kai Malu is a community of 150 residential condos surrounded by the Wailea Blue Golf Course. The 25-acre project has two different floor plans, the Honua and Lewa floor plans ranging from 1,796 sqft – 1,852 sqft, both options are 3bed/baths. Amenities include an infinity pool, fitness facility, a community center, spa, sauna, and walking paths. Similar to La’i Loa this project does not allow short term vacation rental. You are allowed to rent the condo units out for terms longer than 6 months, but nothing less.
Kai Malu Sales Over The Last 5 Years
What Is The Best Option?
This depends on what your goal is. La’i Loa and Kai Malu have low occupancies, they’re quiet communities that feel more like residential living than a resort. Most of the owners visit during high seasons (winter and summer months), other times of the year the neighborhood is pretty vacant. Wailea Beach Villas and Wailea Elua have the resort feel being right on the ocean and having the capability of making a solid return on short term rentals while you are not using the unit. Ho’olei is a bit of an outlier, it feels like a residential community, but it also has a resort side as well, a great return on short term rentals and connections to the Grand Wailea.
If you have any questions about the above projects or other projects not mentioned, please feel free to reach out.