Recently I wrote about the record-breaking sales at Kohala Ranch, where large homes on acreage in this gated community are demonstrating their appeal to todayʻs luxury home buyer and post-pandemic lifestyle trends in home buying. Inventory for sale remains scarce, but two new residential listings in the past two weeks bring the total to three options in active listings.
The current listings range in price from $3.5 million to $4.8 million. As noted in my April blog post, luxury homes in this community are selling in the range of $900-1000/sq ft, with the most recent sale in the Summit section recording at $4.4 million.
|Kohala Ranch Active Residential Listings|
Homes like this in the Summit section of Kohala Ranch are on minimum 10 acres. This new listing includes a second lot for a total 25.9 acres and ocean/coastal view plane protection
New Listing: Kohala Ranch Summit Estate on Two Lots
One of the two new listings is mine. The current owners fell in love with this property for its expansive ocean and coastline views, sense of privacy, solid construction, open floor plan with quality finishes on the main level, space for each of them to use a bedroom as their office and still have two guests suites, plus a lower level designed by the original owners for lifestyle and recreation. There is a lap pool, hot tub, and plenty of room for their Pilates machines and exercise equipment.
Built in 2009, the property was updated and upgraded in 2016 and again in 2020.
- Expansive ocean views and sunset views; the sellers bought a second lot below the home to protect those views forever
- Open floor plan in the main living area, with pocket doors bringing the ample covered lanai into the living space and a gas fireplace for cool winter evenings
- Set for entertainment, whether an intimate dinner with family and friends enjoying a bottle or two from the 200-bottle temperature controlled wine storage followed by a movie in the 6-seat theatre, or a party by the pool with refreshments from the pool-level bar
- Plenty of land – 26 acres to have animals and privacy. A second home could be built on the additional lot, subject to Kohala Ranch design guidelines and CC&Rs
- Sustainable features reduce your carrying costs: a new 32-panel photovoltaic system with top-of-the-line batter storage; drought-tolerant landscaping for minimal water bills; grazing animals for fire hazard control and reduced property taxes.
Two Smaller Quality Kohala Ranch Homes on Smaller Acreage Also for Sale
There are currently two other residences for sale at Kohala Ranch if this is too much home for your needs.
One option is also located in the Summit section, a home of 3,372 sq ft with 3 bedrooms on 11.37 acres; the adjacent lot is available for $599,000. This home has a lap pool and plenty of privacy. Built in 2001, it has recently been updated as well.
The third choice is a home in the Meadows section of Kohala Ranch, with 4,ooo sq ft of living area and 3 bedrooms/4 baths. It is on a lot of 3.2 acres, typical for the Meadows section. This home features an oversized kitchen and 350 bottle wine storage and whimsical choices in lighting. It has no swimming pool, but a built in BBQ area on the lanai.
Kohala Ranch – Key Community Features
Recall that Kohala Ranch is a gated community with 24/7 attendants. Equestrian trails ring the subdivision and lots are ag-zoned, allowing you to keep goats or sheep for landscape maintenance if horses are not your thing (hard for me to imagine personally but I wonʻt hold it against you and neither will my horses if you want to go say hi to them).
Residents enjoy its proximity to the Kohala Coast resorts and beaches; to schools, medical services and farmers markets in Waimea/Kamuela; to the charming old Hawaiʻi towns of Hawi and Kapaʻau; and only 45-60 minutes to airport depending on which section of Kohala Ranch you call home.