Maui Coastal Real Estate Report
Let’s take a look at the oceanfront vacant land market in Maui County, and see what’s on the market, and what’s been selling along the shoreline.
Sold in the past 12 months – June 21, 2017 to June 21, 2018
- 4 sales priced from $500,000 to $7,500,000
- $500,000 – Pohakuloa Rd., Papohaku Ranchlands, Molokai – 5.66 acres in a subdivision with very few homes
- $1,500,000 – 990 N. Honokala Rd., Haiku Maui – 26.7 acres mostly cattle grazing land high above a rocky shoreline
- $2,350,000 – S. Kihei Rd., Kihei Maui – .35 acres all flat at sea level, with full utilities and ready to build
- $7,500,000 – 5530 Makena Rd. Makena Maui – .63 acres by a black sand beach, county water meter, underground power
- Days on Market ranged from 160 days to 504
- No short sales, no bank owned listings
What’s for sale now in Maui County?
- 28 total listings on Maui, Molokai and Lanai islands, priced from $275,000 to $12,000,000 and all are ACTIVE
- 1 on Molokai; 8 in Haiku; 6 in Hana; 1 in Kaanapali; 2 in Kahakuloa; 1 in Kapalua; 1 in Keanae; 1 in Kipahulu; 1 in Lahaina; 1 in Maalaea; 2 in Olowalu; 1 in Wailea and 2 in Wailuku
- Lot size ranges from 1/3 acre to 154 acres – 14 are under 10 acres and 14 are 10 acres or larger, only 1 is over 100 acres
- DOM ranges from 3 days to 1581 days
460 Hoolawa Rd – from the top of the property
What’s for sale now in Haiku Maui?
- 8 listings priced from $1,120,000 to $2,765,000 with a median price of $1,572,500 and average price of $1,749,750
- Land size varies from 2.3 acres to 20.5 acres
- None are beachfront as the shoreline tends to be rocky with high bluffs overlooking the ocean
- Lowest price: 10 acres at the end of Honopou Rd, an off-grid community with unpaved roads, like old Hawaii
- Highest price: 17 acres adjacent to the lowest priced listing, basically 27 acres being offered by the same seller
- Lot size ranges from 2.3 acres to 20.5 acres, with most of the listings being over 8 acres
- Smallest lot: 460 Hoolawa Rd is fenced and gated in a 5 lot gated subdivision with private well water, and a trail to the rocky bay below, listed for $1,395,000 with Hawaii Life – that’s my listing and it’s a good one as you can see from these pictures!
- Largest lot: 0 Kai Poi Pl is another stunning oceanfront parcel perched above the rocky shoreline, private well water and trails to the ocean, listed for $2,499,000.
460 Hoolawa Rd – from the oceanfront
As you can see there’s a good variety of oceanfront Maui properties for sale, especially on the north shore. What would you do with your own waterfront property on Maui? Some farming or ranching? Development? Live the Maui life? If you need some suggestions, I can help you.