Lanikeha, Ka’anapali Golf Estates Market Update – Gated Maui Luxury Community
Today on my morning run from my home in Ka’anapali Golf Estates up past The Summit and The Pinnacle, through the gates of Lanikeha and around the perimeter of the subdivision on Anapuni Loop, I couldn’t help but notice how Lanikeha is developing as a community.
Lanikeha is starting to fill out with 15 homes already built and another 5 under construction. This is an outstanding neighborhood and it is the dream of both my fiancé and I to own a home here some day.
The total land area for Lanikeha is roughly 111 acres with a total of 136 homesites. Here is the break down on the lot sizes:
- Quarter Acre Homesites: 34 total ranging in size from 9,500 to 17,000 sq.ft.
- Half Acre Homesites: 68 total ranging from 17,001 to 33,000 sq.ft.
- Full Acre Homesites: 34 total from 33,001 sq.ft.+
Some of the things that we really like is the fact that the roadways are very wide and spacious throughout the subdivision, there are concrete walking paths around the entire neighborhood (we regularly enjoy about a 2 mile loop from our house in Ka’anapali Golf Estates down through the Lanikeha gates and around Anapuni Loop which circles around the neighborhood).
About a month ago, we loaded up our truck and took our portable fire pit and stuff for s’mores, and watched the 4th of July fireworks over Lahaina town as you have a clear shot to them from the southern rim at Lanikeha. The views overall are outstanding and the Lanikeha clubhouse is awesome for gathering, dining, and entertaining.
What’s Selling in Lanikeha?
Above are all of the custom home site sales in Lanikeha since the beginning of 2011. Our team represented the seller on 4 of these sales and assisted one buyer as part of these totals. Here is our most recent success story. Just Sold- Lanikeha Custom Home Site at 100% of the Asking Price in 55 Days. It is very important we discuss the other factors of value besides square footage on these lots – location and view corridor are integral the value of any given property here.
The Highlights of the Lanikeha Land Sales
- 15 of the 26 Sales in Ka’anapali since 2011 have been in Lanikeha – there have been a couple other sales in Ka’anapali Hillside, The Pinnacle, Ka’anapali Golf Estates, and the Ka’anapali Coffee Farms.
- The lowest sale was $275,00 for two different bank owned quarter acre lots and the highest was $680,000 on a 1 Acre bank owned lot initially priced at $381,900 that received multiple offers and created a bidding war – likely what the bank had intended when pricing it far below market value.
- Average days on market including the escrow period (typically 30-60 days) for these 15 sales was 361 days while the median (middle number in the number set) was 86. The high days on market was 1,253 and the low was 36.
- All but 3 of the sales were all cash transactions.
- 8 of the 15 sales were bank owned properties and one other was a short sale.
- There is a pretty large disparity between the 93.54% sold price versus last listed price versus the 85.41% of sold price versus the original listing price. Typically, it is in the best interest for sellers to price their property closer to market value when initially listing the property as there is a very strong correlation between days on market and the overall percentage of sold price versus the original price.
- The average price per square foot of this group was $19.78/sq.ft. Although I think it is important to consider this number as an important measure of value, it is certainly not everything and can certainly be misleading especially in Lanikeha where location value and view corridors can vary much from lot to lot. For example, please compare the closings of 857 Anapuni Loop which was a 2/3 acre lot closing at $305,000 for roughly $11.50 per sq.ft. foot as it was located right across from the clubhouse, but once the surrounding lots are built out, the ocean view will be very minimal. Contrast this to our recent closing at 317 Anapuni Loop, a 1/2 acre lot, closing at $525,000 with a price per sq.ft. of about $25 as this lot will have protected view planes even when the subdivision is built out. Also noteworthy was that 857 Anapuni Loop was a bank owned lot and 317 Anapuni Loop was not-typically the bank owned lots sell at a lower value. Our team was the listing agent on both of these lots, so we feel qualified to make this comparison between the two lots.
What’s For Sale in Lanikeha?
Currently there are 5 homes for sale in Lanikeha right now ranging in price from $1,950,000 to $4,500,000. There are 22 custom home sites in Lanikeha right now available for sale ranging in price from a 1/2 acre short sale priced at $399,950 to a full acre lot priced at $1,288,000. Gallery of all Lanikeha Custom Homes and Custom Home Sites for Sale.
The Exclusive Lanikeha Clubhouse
The Lanikeha Clubhouse is the only residential clubhouse for any community in all of Ka’anapali. In my personal opinion, it is certainly the nicest clubhouse in all of West Maui and arguably in all of Maui, including the various ones in Wailea. Lanikeha residents and their guests enjoy the exclusive use of this clubhouse to entertain, or just relax with friends and family.
The clubhouse is situated on over one and a half acres of tropically landscaped grounds. This facility boasts generous amenities such as a gracious welcoming lobby, an inviting lounge to relax or socialize, and an entertainment room with kitchen facilities, all surrounding a grass courtyard.
In addition, you will be able to enjoy a pool and fitness work out rooms. A large infinity swimming pool with a waterfall and hydro-spa will overlook the famous Ka‘anapali sunsets with vistas into the Ka‘anapali Resort, the Pacific Ocean, and the Islands of Lana‘i and Moloka‘i.
Life in Lanikeha is awesome and whether you are buying or selling in the neighborhood, we are here to share our passion, expertise, and marketing savvy to help you accomplish your goals.
Considering selling your Lanikeha or Ka’anapali Golf Estates property? The Stice Team and Hawaii Life Real Estate Brokers have been involved in roughly 1/3 of the vacant land transactions since 2011. Beside this, here is why you should be interviewing the Stice Team and Hawaii Life Real Estate Brokers. No agent or brokerage firm is going to offer you the marketing exposure, experience and production level, and passion for Lanikeha than the Stice Team.