What’s been selling up in Kula, Maui, HI. 96790?
Since September 1, 2014 until yesterday, November 10, 2014, there have been 3 parcels of vacant land to sell in Kula, Maui, according to our MLS. While the number of Kula land sales this year is up from last year at this time, the dollar volume is way down. But if you take into account the number of acres, well that’s another story.
- Middle Rd. – 5.7 acres with county water meter, bi-coastal views. Keokea’s “Chinatown” area. Sold for $565,000 on 11/7/14. 1031 Exchange buyer.
- 128 Kealakapu Rd. – 7.88 acres with county water meter, views. Below Sun Yat Sen Park. Sold for $650,000 on 9/26/14. Cash buyer.
- 620 Kini Dr. – 4.36 acres with shared water meter, residential condo. Ulupalakua below the Tedeschi Winery. Sold for $660,000 on 10/21/14. Purchase Money Mortgage (seller financing).
Outside of the coastal resort areas, Kula has the most expensive vacant land on Maui to build a home. Why is this? Primarily due to the outstanding views and the mild cooler climate that you’ll find up on the mountain side. Kula is known for the rich volcanic soil, which is excellent for farming. Generally, Kula is not windy and has low rainfall, making for very pleasant days and cool nights.
A lot of agricultural activity takes place on small farms in Kula, and boutique farming is really taking off up here. You’ve probably heard of the Alii Kula Lavender Farm, or the Surfing Goat Dairy. Have you tried Ocean Vodka, made from organically grown sugar cane? These are some of the diverse Kula farm success stories.
What’s For Sale Now in the Kula, Maui Vacant Land Market?
- 44 varied parcels and lots, ranging in price from $259,000 to $16,000,000
- lot sizes vary from 1/4 acre to 3,285 acres!
- Days on Market (DOM) can be as high as almost 7 years. Can you guess which parcel?
- prime house lots to cattle ranches, residential, and agricultural
980 Kamehameiki Rd. Kula, HI. 96790 (MLS# 360708)
What’s My Favorite Piece of Kula Land For Sale?
That would be 980 Kamehameiki Rd., with 4 acres of undisturbed old homestead land with pastures and woods, and rock walls. There’s even some old buildings, which add a lot of charm and history to this special place.
Come and live your Hawaii Life in Kula, Maui
It’s listed for $795,000, and there’s a county water meter and overhead electric. Some house plans and building materials can be included. Livestock friendly. Every time I visit this listing I see lots of pheasants and deer, and I’m amazed at how quiet and peaceful it is. This upcountry site would be an awesome place to build a home, or two, and have some horses.
Georgie Hunter, R(S), e-Pro
800 667-5028 ex 8241
Direct: 808 283-0635