Why Kula? Why would people who have enough money to live any place in the world choose Kula? Without naming names, just go to Grandma’s Coffee Shop or La Provance any day in the winter. Sit down, look around at who is enjoying their breakfast on the deck overlooking the whole Central Valley. Names may get dropped all around you.
They choose Kula because it is the perfect year-round climate; Goldilocks climate. Not too cool, not too hot, not too wet, not too dry! They choose Kula because of the views, the beautiful Jacarandas dropping lavender blossoms that pave the road all winter.
Kula, our new home (MLS# 369447)
This classically lovely home situated on the gentle slope of Haleakala takes you back to a simpler time…offering the perfect setting to relax and enjoy family and friends while still having the privacy of feeling you can close the gates and the outside world goes away.
Enjoy having an ocean view sunset dinner under Hawaiian skies – every night of the week from your lanai at home!
In the “dream kitchen,” bring your meal’s ingredients together on the hardy, stain-resistant Silestone countertops. Put the finishing touches on your culinary masterpiece in the Wolf 30-inch industrial gas stove all being a mere ten steps away from the lanai, it’s easy to plan outdoor meals that take advantage of Upcountry Maui’s beautiful weather.
Food Central from the Chef
After enjoying the sunset dinner, move the party downstairs to the generous starlit green lawn and the Cal Spa hot tub (which, by the way, is strategically placed just outside the master bedroom).
The Main House and Detached 2 bedroom Ohana are separated nicely giving you the advantage of having rental income, while allowing the privacy of a single family residence.
2 bedroom cottage
Other wonderful features to this property are:
- Front loading washer with gas dryer
- Gas fireplace with one-touch start for those cool Upcountry nights
- Full solar water heating
- Comfortable, durable cork flooring – cool in summer, warm in winter
- Workout room with recycled rubber flooring
- Garden level master suite with newly remodeled bathroom
- Third floor loft with full views of floor to ceiling windows
- Bonus office / nursery / bedroom / craft room
- Stocked trickling koi pond
Fully serviceable chicken coop – there’s nothing like fresh eggs every day. Complete with chickens if you want them.
- Extremely sturdy swing / play set
- Detached private ohana ( cottage ) with 2 bedrooms, providing over $20,000 of annual rental income
- 20 minutes to the airport
- 3 minutes to Haleakala Waldorf School
- 7 minutes to Upcountry Long’s Drugstore
- 12 minutes to organic produce at Kula Country Farms
Fruit trees include oranges, Japanese limes, lemons, mangoes, logan, plums, starfruit, avocado, bananas, strawberry papaya, avocado, and even coffee already growing right here on your fenced, very private half-acre property. Offered at $897,000.