Get in the Holiday Spirit & Buy Locally at our Puamana Christmas House
Bring your Ohana to the Puamana Christmas house this Saturday, November 17th, from 10am to 3pm at our historical Clubhouse: 34, Puailima Place in Lahaina.
Puamana clubhouse – front entry
Join us for a continental breakfast or a fun lunch served by Ano Keahi! Bring tutu and stay a while…admission is free and gates will be open. There will be live entertainment from 11am to 1pm. Lunch will be served from noon to 2pm – $7 to $10 donation for lunches. You will find handmade gifts in the $5 to $200 range…
Some of the Fundraising Activities Include:
My daughter and her Cambodia club from Maui Prep will be selling baked goods to buy bicycles for kids in Cambodia!
Puamana posters, Tervis glassware, beach bags, gift cards, and t-shirts will support the Puamana Aloha Fund.
Framed Hawaii surf photography and Surf posters (good gifts for dudes) at my table and all proceeds will support the capital campaign for the Maui Prep multi-purpose gym and the Puamana Aloha Fund.
Support Your Local Businesses
Here is a list of a few of the vendors who will be happy to see you:
- Patrizia Boschetti: Paintings. Photos on metal
- Megan Loomis: Tiki nutcrackers, totem poles, Maui topo maps, whale tale mugs, and honu salt and pepper shakers
- April with Lahaina Organics will have reef-safe sunscreen and chapstick for sale and will educate us about organics and reef-safe stuff
- Jacob Evans of Lahaina Heat: chili sauce, sweets, chocolate, sweet and savory pies
The Puamana Courtyard will be filled with tents and artisanal items and treats.
- Lahaina Town committee: local food items, novelties. Holiday ornaments
- Lydia Foster: Bali novelties, jewelry, purses, clothing
- Annette Tung: Handmade jewelry, gemstones, pearls, shells, sea glass
- Judy Simpson of Kupua’a farms: Coffee, lilikoi jam, handmade cloth bags
- Marsha Sabourin: Siganka. 100% cotton clothing
- Pearls by Janine Spalding from Mahina
- Maui Turkish beach/ bath towels, kitchen/guest hand towels by Tiffini Connelly
- Gail Dryer: jewelry, fortune cookie purses, and gifts
- Letitia’s wood ware: Honu bowls and sculptures
- Miss Lily: handmade gift items
- Handmade glassware by Courtney Branch
- Carole Hughes: Jewelry
- Herman’s Sherman Crystals and jewelry
- Jewelry by Leslie Wetzel
- Don’t miss the photos and cards by Gudrun Johnson
- Cards by Polly Sanders
These Puamana wood panel art pieces will be available at the Christmas House
About the Clubhouse
The Puamana clubhouse was built in 1919 as the home for the Lunas of the Sugar Cane fields (Luna means the Boss in Hawaiian). The clubhouse is rich in traditions and housed many prominent Maui families. The popular Hawaiian song “Puamana” was written by Aunty Emma Farden Sharpe about their home that was actually down Front street near Lahaina Shores…
For more about Puamana, click here for my quick guide.
Save the Planet
Why shop at Walmart? Support local businesses! Cut down on plastic and wrapping supplies…imagine all the plastic junk and fossil fuel burned when you order something online from Amazon Prime with overnight shipping to Maui! At the Puamana Christmas House, you will not only have an enjoyable experience, but you will make a local person happy and cut down your carbon footprint. Mahalo for reading!
Puamana is on the very South end of Front Street – gates will be open for the Christmas House – see you there