What kind of vacant land has been selling lately on Maui’s north shore?
The 1st quarter of 2018 shows 8 vacant land sales in Haiku, with quite a range of lot sizes and prices:
- 8 closed sales priced from $329,000 to $1,500,000
- 2 were typical 2 acre lots selling for $450,000 and $1,025,000 (hilltop with huge views)
- 1 was 3.22 acres with shared well water and a small off-grid shack, which sold for $590,400
- 1 parcel was 5 acres in Kailua village which sold for $470,000
- 2 lots were the combined 7.5 acres of a Condominium Property Regime which totaled $704,000
- 1 parcel of 12 acres on Kamau Rd sold for $875,000 — with no water meter
- 1 large parcel was oceanfront — 26.7 acres at 990 N. Honokala Rd. sold for $1,500,000
434 Hoolawa Rd sold for $590,400
This month of April is unfolding with many sales in the new development of Haiku Town Acres, which is located right in downtown Haiku. This project has been in the works for many years, and properties are now closing and new owners can begin site prep. These lots were not offered in the MLS, but rather were pre-sold by reservation. There might still be the chance to secure one if you’re interested, just let me know.
Haiku Style in downtown Haiku Maui
What sold so far in Haiku Town Acres:
- 14 lots priced from $412,250 to $675,000, all on Hekuawa St., Auwaha St., and Auwaha Pl.
- Average sale price was $511,167 and median sale price was $490,000
- Lot size ranges from 2 acres to 3.35 acres
- All lots will be serviced with private well water for this subdivision and another
- Maui Electric, cable, and phone service is available to these lots
- There will be 42 lots in this Haiku Town Acres when complete
It’s good to see so many opportunities for people to own land in Haiku, where they can put down solid roots and grow. With 28 more raw land properties for sale in Haiku, you too can dream about moving here and starting a new life. I live and work in Haiku and I’d be happy to show you around and help you learn about all the great neighborhoods.