This series features some of the loan experts at Element Mortgage, our preferred lender.
As a mortgage loan consultant, Elizabeth “Betsy” Orke’s mission is to be a positive influence by ethically helping you secure or refinance your dream home. When she’s not helping others build their personal wealth and equity, Betsy enjoys diving, hiking, surfing small kine waves, and life on Oahu, Hawai’i.
With its beauty and mana (energy), Oahu never gets old! Here are a few of Betsy’s recommendations for what to see and do on the island:
- Check out the Makapu’u Point Lighthouse Trail! This paved, easy trail offers gorgeous east coast views that the whole family can enjoy. After your hike, head over to Kim’s Korean BBQ for their kalbi, meat jun, and banchon sides. If that doesn’t suit your tastes, grab a nice, cold drink, burger, and pizza next door at Kona Brewing Co.
- Hike the Lanikai Pillbox. Also known as the Kaiwa Ridge Trail, this is a short and rewarding incline hike. After you try the Lanikai Pillbox hike on the east side, check out the Maili Pillbox hike on the west side of the island. Oahu is rich with history, and these pillboxes were once the military bunkers used in WWII. No matter which pillbox hike you do, you’ll be rewarded with gorgeous, coastline views.
- Head over to Blue Note Hawai’i. In the evening, grab your tickets and head over to Blue Note Hawai’i. This live, intimate music venue is in the Outrigger Waikiki Hotel and features world renowned, local, and up and coming artists from multiple genres including jazz, comedy, and reggae
- Don’t miss Island Vintage Coffee. Visiting this cafe is an absolute must. They serve delightful coffee drinks, acai bowls, and broke da mouth food. A few of Betsy’s favorites here include their Vintage Kona Mocha, Wagyu-Mushroom Burger, and Lilikoi and Acai Bowl. Island Vintage Coffee can be found all over the island and they even have a wine bar right next to their Waikiki café
- Choose your own adventure! Not only does Hawai’i have incredible restaurants and hikes, but it offers an array of some of the most adventurous activities you can imagine, including: Skydiving, parasailing, horseback riding, aina-land tours at Kualoa Ranch, sunset cruises, pelagic activities, and so much more!
If you need more recommendations on what to see and do on Oahu, feel free to contact Betsy!