Latest Preis listing on Melemele Place (MLS# 201509359) listed for $988,000
Considering the last few sold north of $1 million, this one is a great buy. I had the opportunity to preview it prior to coming to market. Although it needed some work, it is definitely at “diamond in the rough.” Situated on a cul-de-sac, the home sits on over a half acre (which is hard to find in Honolulu). With mature fruit trees, space, and privacy, this home has a lot to offer.
Space and Privacy
Space and privacy on a 25,769 square foot lot
Classic mid century modern lines signature of Alfred Preis’ work
Throughout the home you can see the classic mid century modern lines, use of hardwoods, mahogany paneling, and the thin hollow tile that was commonplace in a number of Alfred Preis’ homes. This is one of the coolest collections of his works if you were to take a drive up Melemele Place as Mr. Preis was involved in the development of a number of homes here. This particular listing has been under contract this past month. If you’ve got interest in other mid-century modern homes to purchase, I’m here to help.
Contact a Mid Century Modern Home Expert
If you’re a fan of Alfred Preis, here are some of my previous articles below:
- 492 Portlock Road in Portlock – Sold July 2, 2015
- 2316 Round Top Drive in Makiki Heights – Sold June 25, 2014
- 3247 Melemele Place in Manoa – Sold January 30, 2014
- 3220 Melemele Place in Manoa – Sold May 3, 2013
- 492 Portlock Road in Portlock – Sold January 23, 2012
- 1290 Alewa Drive #1 in Alewa Heights – Sold October 21, 2011
- 17 Kepola Place in Nuuanu – Sold January 25, 2011
- 1290 Alewa Drive in Alewa Heights – Sold November 23, 2010