While there are many coveted niches here on this tropical island paradise, verdant and calming Maunawili valley has some EXTRA special details that make it unique from the rest. Check out the top ten reasons listed below:
1. Maunawili was the “big town” WAYYY before Kailua! Over 100 years ago on the (then) bustling corner of Auloa Road and the old Pali, five stores catered to the Hawaiians, Japanese, and Chinese.
2. The Ko’olaus are magnificent, and we have a front-row seat view of Mount Olomana.
3. Maunawili Falls hike is the best walk through the jungle you can find. It is also near the Queen’s Retreat, the Queen’s bath and the location built over 500 years ago for Kukapoki Heiau. If Maunawili was good enough for the Queen, then we who call it home must be very lucky, indeed.
4. We have a street in our neighborhood named after a famous song our last Queen wrote. In the late 1870s, Queen Lilioukalani is reputed to have composed “Aloha Oe” as a tribute to a loving farewell.
5. We have our own peacock roaming our streets.
6. Our plants grow to Jurassic proportions!
7. During the rainy season, it is not uncommon to be welcomed back to our neighborhood with a spectacular view of too many waterfalls along the Ko’olau range to count.
8. We have quiet, wide streets with PLENTY of PARKING!
9. Birdsong at sunrise may make you think you live in an aviary.
10. Fruit, Flowers, and Foliage — This could be just one of our special slogans!
With lush and peaceful Maunawili Valley only 5 minutes to our ultimate beach town of Kailua, less than 10 minutes from two of the top ranked beaches in Hawaii, 20 minutes to Honolulu and 30 minutes to the airport this may be the absolute pinnacle of niches here on Oahu. Ready to move yet?! I’ll show you around!