Hawai‘i Love Grant Application
- Community Involvement and Charitable Giving
- (808) 938-8272
The Hawai‘i Love grant program was created to support the Hawai‘i Life Charitable Fund’s mission of working to preserve Hawai‘i’s beauty and culture by supporting its people. Each year, Hawai‘i Life agents and brokers collectively choose a giving focus. The HLCF makes grants available to eligible 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations across the state whose programs align with both our mission and our giving focus for that year.
In 2019, our giving focus is Shelter for Families in Need. Throughout the year, HLCF may make grants in other areas of interest, but we regret that unsolicited proposals outside of our annual giving focus will not be considered.
Last year’s giving focus Caring for our Keiki resulted in four grant recipients, each of whom received $5,000 to support their services and programs serving children across the state. The grant recipients included the Friends of the Children Justice Center of East Hawai‘i, Anaina Hou Community Park on Kaua‘i, Grow Some Good on Maui, and Surfrider Spirit Sessions on O‘ahu.
ELIGIBILITY & RESTRICTIONS
- Hawai‘i Life Charitable Fund is a donor advised fund of the Hawai‘lli Community Foundation. All grant recommendations are advisory in nature and not binding on the Foundation.
- All Hawai‘i Love grant applicants must have 501 (c) (3) status and be in good standing.
- The HLCF focuses on supporting local, grassroots organizations based in the state of Hawai‘i.
- All previous Hawai‘i Love grants must be completed with the submission of a final report before an organization is eligible to apply for a new grant.
- The term of an HLCF grant is one year.
- The HLCF does not accept incomplete applications or applications from organizations with overdue final reports.
Step 1) Submit a cover letter with the following information:
- Name of Organization
- Point of Contact
- Phone Number
- Email Address
Step 2) Complete a proposal narrative outlining the following items:
- Tell us about your organization, its mission, history, year established, and staff size. (1,500 characters max).
- Describe the issue or opportunity to be addressed by the HLCF grant. (3,000 characters max).
- Describe how funds will be used within your organization (i.e. products, services, etc.) and a timeline. (4,500 characters max).
- Please include a short video which can be a simple smart phone or professionally produced short of no more than two minutes in length that describes your proposal.
Step 3) Additional required documents:
- Board of Directors list
- IRS 501 (c) (3) determination letter
- Organizations annual operating budget for the current year
- Organization’s balance sheet for the most recently completed fiscal year
- Organization’s income statement (or profit/loss statement) for the most recently completed fiscal year. Audited financial statements are preferred but not required.
Shelter for Families in Need will be the Hawai‘i Life Charitable Fund’s giving focus in 2019.
Grant applications for the 2019 grant cycle will be accepted after January 1, 2019. All completed applications must be received by April 1, 2019 for consideration at the April Board of Directors meeting. All completed grant applications or questions can be directed to Give@HawaiiLife.com.
Grant applications for the 2019 grant cycle will be accepted after January 1, 2019.
Mahalo for making our community a better place!
If you have all of the above materials ready to submit, let’s get started!
Agency. We represent you.
Our foundations of Smart Marketing and Solid Representation work to connect buyers and sellers in Hawaii, and around the world. It’s our responsibility to be informed. Our job is to protect your interests and investments.