In April, the median sales price for a home on Oahu was $600,000, which was up 2.6% from the same month in 2011. Meanwhile, sales dipped 5.2% with 217 closed sales on Oahu.
This Mililani home with a pool (MLS# 1203486) is priced just under April’s median price of $600,000
The Oahu Condo Market Follows a Similar Trend
The condo market followed a similar trend, with prices slightly up and sales slightly down. The median sales price was up 4.6% to $319,000 while sales were down 9.5% with 343 sales on Oahu. It appears we’re following a similar “seller’s market” trend as March as days on market dipped to 33 days for condos and just 30 days for single family homes.
This Moiliili condo (MLS# 1205653) is listed for April’s median price of $319,000
Here’s a recap of April real estate trends on Oahu:
Neighborhoods “Hot” for Sellers
- Home sales in Makakilo were up 200%
- Home prices in Makaha-Nanakuli were up 26%
- Condo sales in Kailua-Waimanalo were up 83%
- Condo prices in Kalihi-Palama were up 107%
Neighborhoods “Hot” for Buyers
- Home sales in Aina Haina-Kuliouou were down 63%
- Home prices in Aina Haina-Kuliouou were down 46%
- Condo sales in Waipahu were down 67%
- Condo prices in Ala Moana-Kakaako were down 22%
As always, all real estate is local. To find out what is happening in your neighborhood, contact one of our great Realtors on Oahu to see what is going on in your market, and if now is the time to buy or sell.