Peak Season vs. Low Season – The Pros and Cons
When is a good time to visit Hawaii?Â That depends on your priorities. Do you want to save money?Â Avoid people?Â Would you like to maximize your chances of sunny beach weather?
Below is a review of the factors to consider when planning your visit, and the pros and cons of coming at various times during the year.
Peak Travel Seasons To Hawaii
- From June to mid-December and from January to March are peak travel seasons to Hawaii. If you are coming to Hawaii during a peak time, plan your vacation well in advance.
- A particularly busy time in Hawaii is during the last two weeks in December when it is very cold in many other places. Many visitors to Hawaii come during the winter to get away from the cold weather where they live.
- From mid-June until August is also a popular time for families to visit the Hawaiian Islands because this is when most children are out of school. As a result travel deals are usually harder to find during this time.
- A low season for visitors to Hawaii is from November until the middle of December.
- To get the lowest prices on airplane flights, hotel rooms, and other vacation costs, consider visiting during a Low Season. There are many last minute deals offered during these times, and also fewer visitors.
- The last week of April is known as Golden Week because three Japanese holidays come one after another during this time. There is a signicant increase in Japanese travelers to Hawaii, particularly Waikiki, during Golden Week.