Aloha Dear Friends,
Are you planning to upgrade your home and add some special finishing touches to increase the value? Well then, I hope this blog will enlighten you on some easy steps to take to increase the value of your property and make your property look more entertaining to potential buyers.
The first question you to ask yourself is what is your budget and how much renovation work you want to do to the property. It could be as simple as painting the outside trim, adding new flooring throughout the home, or building a home office.
We have seen in the past few years that creating a new space that’s dedicated to an office is a good investment, as many people are working remotely these days due to Covid.
I pride myself on my creative, out-of-the-box thinking, especially when it comes to my ability to see possibilities to enhance spaces to be more beautiful. Here are a few ideas when it comes to upgrading your home.
15 Home Upgrades to Consider
1. Open up the floor plan. Create more space to move around and adding more light to the home.
2. Touch up or redo the exterior paint. Choosing a neutral color is key.
3. Add a deck or outdoor patio to create a barbecue area and extra space for entertaining, and maybe even add an outdoor kitchen for cooking under the stars.
4. Outdoor fireplace or fire pit is a beautiful addition.
5. Replace your current mailbox and house numbers. Even something as small as this gives a nice feel.
6. Increase curb appeal. This could be as simple as planting some colorful flowers and enhancing the landscaping. Even small things like making sure you have the weeds under control and the grass looks well taken care of will greatly improve curb appeal.
7. Add a rock wall to the front of your home and or driveway area.
8. Replace your garage doors.
9. Replace the fixtures in the kitchen and bathroom to something more modern, depending on the style of the home, is always a nice fit.
10. For something more elaborate, redo the kitchen counters and cabinets and replace the stove and fridge to a newer model.
11. In the bathrooms, replace the bathroom vanities and even the mirrors.
12. Replace all the flooring and or carpet is a big yes. When remodeling make sure you choose the right type of flooring that fits the home aesthetics.
13. Clear out the clutter in your home and learn a little bit more about to Feng Shui to understand how the energy flows in the home to create a welcoming atmosphere when buyers visit.
14. Add solar to the home. This is a popular addition that many buyers appreciate.
15. Add smart features to the home such as wireless home security, a video doorbell, and even a Sonos speakers system.
Before and After Kitchen Renovation
I am excited to share with you my beautiful new listing in Waimea that was upgraded last year and everyone is loving what the sellers have done.
The sellers have completely remodeled the kitchen, bathrooms, floors, and carpet which gives this home a powerful new look.
Here you will see some before and after photos:
This 4-bedroom home is a must-see and may be the perfect home you have been looking for, contact me and let’s go take a look: 808 333 2127.
When working with a realtor you may want to consider hiring someone like me who has a plethora of knowledge in remodels and making your home selling or buying a pleasurable experience.
If you are considering selling your home and would like some pointers on what you can do to enhance your home, contact me today. I would enjoy popping in and giving you some creative ideas.
My name is Satori and I’m at your service,
H A W A I ‘ I L I F E