Did you know that The Ritz-Carlton Waikiki is zoned “Resort”? It’s one of very few buildings in Honolulu where owners can legally rent out their condos on a short-term basis. The Ritz-Carlton Waikiki offers studio, 1, 2 & 3 bedroom ocean view condos and penthouses that include rooftop decks. The property provides services and amenities that many people have come to expect from the Ritz-Carlton brand; pools, restaurants, a spa, and a state-of-the-art fitness center. While many of the owners choose to rent out their units, a portion of the owners simply have the condos as their second homes. With views all around and beautifully maintained property, owners and visitors stay in style whenever they stay at the Ritz-Carlton Waikiki.
Address: 383 Kalaimoku St, Waikiki, HI 96815
Residences – 308 Units (Tower 1 -Completed in 2016) & 246 Units (Tower 2 – Completed in 2018) . Both towers include Studios, 1, 2, 3-Bedrooms, & Penhouses.
Pools – General and Adult infinity only pools with private cabanas
Dining & Shopping – Sushi Sho, Dean & Deluca, La Vie and Quiora. Small grocery store downstairs.
Spa -The Ritz-Carlton Spa
Fitness – 24 hr state-of-the-art fitness center with yoga studio and boxing equipment
Business Center – Apple iMac stations
Parking – Valet – Included for owners staying or living at the property
Approximately 3% of the Ritz-Carton condos are owner-occupied. The remainder are used as second homes or are used as short-term vacation rentals. Owners who choose to rent their condos have the following options:
- Short-term rentals through the Ritz-Carlton vacation rental program
- Short-term rentals through an outside property management company
- Long-term rentals (1 year or longer) – 3rd party property management company
Property taxes on Oahu are based on usage. Owner-occupants, second homes, and vacation rentals are all taxed at different rates. When looking at listings at The Ritz-Carlton Waikiki, taxes may appear different for different listings, and the tax structure is the reason why. Once a buyer purchases a condo, their property tax structure may change.
- Example of 2021-2022 Property Taxes on Oahu
Thousand of visitors come to enjoy the blue ocean and the golden sand of Waikiki Beach. The Ritz-Carlton is a short distance from the beach and all that Waikiki has to offer.
Other Vacation Rental Properties on Oahu
- The Ilikai
- Beach Villas at Ko Olina
- Waikiki Shore
- Trump Tower Waikiki
- Waikiki Sunset – Zoned Residential. Unit will need to have a Non-Conforming Use (NCU) Certificate. Only certain condos have them. NCU certificates that allow regular homes and condos to be rented on short-term basis are no longer issued and can’t be obtained for any unit that doesn’t already have one.)
- There are also a few other options.
If you have any questions about the Ritz-Carlton Waikiki or Vacation Rental Properties on Oahu, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Kinga Mills | 808-722-3985 | email@example.com
- If you have a property to sell, please visit my HOME SELLER RESOURCES.