Week 32 – Island Style Fried Rice!
Island Style Fried Rice
- 2 ½ cups cooked white rice (set overnight)
- 2 slices Spam, diced and cooked (set aside)
- ¼ pound bacon, diced and cooked (set aside)
- ¼ pound hot Portuguese sausage, diced and cooked (set aside)
- 4 eggs, scrambled, cooked, and diced (set aside)
- 1 bunch green onion, diced (set aside)
- 1 small round onion, diced (set aside)
- 1 T minced garlic
- 4 T Oyster sauce or to taste
- 2 T Shoyu (soy sauce) or to taste
Saute minced garlic and round onion in a large wok. Add rice and mix. Add oyster sauce and mix. Add meats and mix. Add green onion and eggs and mix. Add soy sauce and mix. Ready to serve hot or cold.
As mentioned in my first recipe blog, Hawaii is a wonderful mix of cultures and each of these peoples brought with them their customs and foods during the early plantation days. Because we have this rich Hawaiian heritage, I started this running blog that features recipes with a Hawaiian flair. If you love collecting recipes, please check back so that you can collect your favorites.
Kauai Has Some of the Very Best Real Estate Available
Collecting and sharing recipes of Hawaii is our hobby, but our passion is helping people with their real estate needs. Hawaii offers some of the most beautiful islands in the world and we believe Kauai has some of the very best real estate available.
Some of the most beautiful views on Kauai are available on the north shore. We are offering a 3-acre parcel with ocean and mountain views in Anini Vista. Along with this beautiful 3 acres, comes a guest house, a barn, and building plans for a 4000 sf home (MLS# 251956).
My sister and I work as a team to help people make their dreams come true. Please contact us with your real estate needs, we are here to assist.
Ilona Coffey, RS
Lucy Adams, RS